Getting Fractions on TI Nspire CX - Eigenvectors & Polynomial Roots

In summary, the conversation discusses the issue of getting eigenvector values and polynomial roots to display as fractions instead of decimals on the TI nspire cx calculator. The solution involves downloading a library and using a function as shown in a GIF. It is uncertain if this solution works for eigenvector values.
Klause
Hey so I'm new to my TI nspire cx, still getting the hang of it. I've been trying to figure out how to get my eigenvector values to be fractions instead of decimals when I calculate them on here. Also, when I find the polynomial roots I get back decimals instead of fractions. I would like to know how to get back fractions instead for both cases. I've fiddled with a few things in the settings, but no luck.
Any help would be appreciated.
Cheers!

Computer science news on Phys.org

What is the purpose of getting fractions on TI Nspire CX?

The purpose of getting fractions on TI Nspire CX is to easily represent and manipulate mathematical expressions involving fractions, which are commonly used in many scientific and engineering applications.

How can I get fractions on TI Nspire CX?

To get fractions on TI Nspire CX, you can either use the fraction button on the calculator's keypad or enter the fraction using the division symbol (/). You can also convert decimal numbers to fractions by using the "convert to fraction" function.

What are eigenvectors and why are they important in mathematics?

Eigenvectors are special vectors that represent the directions in which a linear transformation does not change its direction. They are important in mathematics because they help us understand and analyze complex systems, such as the behavior of objects in physics or the dynamics of financial markets.

How can I find eigenvectors on TI Nspire CX?

To find eigenvectors on TI Nspire CX, you can use the "Eigenvalues and Eigenvectors" function in the "Matrix" menu. This function will return the eigenvalues and corresponding eigenvectors for a given matrix.

What are polynomial roots and how can I find them on TI Nspire CX?

Polynomial roots are the values of the variable that make a polynomial equation equal to zero. To find polynomial roots on TI Nspire CX, you can use the "Roots" function in the "Algebra" menu. This function will return all the real and complex roots of a polynomial equation.