1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Glomerulus in kidney lacks venules?

1. Oct 7, 2015 #1
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data
    Is the kidney nephron glomerulus is made of capillaries or arterioles? Where are the veins?

2. Relevant equations
    Arteries normally become arterioles then capillaries venules then veins.

3. The attempt at a solution
    One book I think said that the glomerulus is made up of arterioles (I may have misread this).. I think this is incorrect. The glomerulus must be made of capillaries because capillaries are leaky and it is in the glomerulus that blood is 'filtered'.

The veins seem to be missing.

The afferent arterioles become the capillaries and then they become the efferent arterioles when they leave Bowmans capsule. There are no veins which is not typical.

Please advise if I have got this correct.. High School Biology level

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 12, 2015 #2
    Thanks for the post! This is an automated courtesy bump. Sorry you aren't generating responses at the moment. Do you have any further information, come to any new conclusions or is it possible to reword the post?

4. Oct 29, 2015 #3
    Hello, Thanks for asking. I think I figured the answer out ... as far as I remember. So much time has passed since I looked at the kidneys. When I go back to my notes, I'll re-word the question if I still need an answer.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted