Is God a Multiplistic Sentience?

• Thread starter scott_sieger
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses the relationship between religion and science, specifically in regards to the concept of God. The idea is presented that if God is seen as omni-sentient or multiplistically sentient, there can be a balance between the two ideologies. The universe is also proposed as being conscious and aware, leading to the idea that we are all a part of God or the universe. The conversation ends by discussing the concept of consciousness and how it is difficult to define because it is a quality shared by all things.
scott_sieger
Hi all,

Just some thoughts of the bun fight between religion and science.

I think the main problem is that religion tends to think of God as being a single minded sentience and this creats a problem.

If one asssumes that God is omni sentient or multiplistically sentient
one can see a way that religion and science can come together but if God is thought of as being mono sentient of mono focussed then there will never be peace between the ideological fractions.

I also feel that if we think of the universe as conscious and aware in full as an omni awareness or omniconsciousness therefore omni present we can achieve a more balanced perpective of what God is.

A lot of physics points to the the above as having valid premise and I think when we finally combine the nature of the mind with the nature of reality we will see the full picture.

Any one else share my thoughts?

Physics news on Phys.org
Scott, I personally prefer the term onmi-sentient and/or omni-conscious as this infers the oneness of the God/Universe. There are a number of other here that think as you do and have presented similar ideas and thoughts. However, there are also those vehmently opposed to such ideas. Welcome to the Pysics Forums!

If one cares to consider it this way:
We are made of atoms. Before we were born we were atoms in dirt, that got sucked up by plants, possibly eaten by animals and in the end were eaten by our parents(kinda weird to think of ourselves as having been eaten before being born). In this way, we are physical parts of the universe, so if we are conscious, why not the whole universe? Really the only way we have of determining the consciousness of something is to try and communicate with it. If I talk to a rock, and it doesn't talk back, I would surmise that it's not conscious. Then again, what if all matter has consciousnes? I wouldn't notice, since it is incapable of commmunication. If you are put in a sound-and-light-proof box, no one can communicate with you, but does that make you any less conscious? I think not. In that way, this odd theory explains why we are not able to define consciousness: it is because it is a quality had by all things. And so like all other things that we don't have the antithesis of to compare to, we don't really understand it.
Neat idea, huh?

Just as we are the sum of all our parts, why can't God -- as an Entity -- be considered the same? In which case we are all of God and God is the All of the Universe, and God is One. :wink:

1. What is the concept of "God a multiplistic sentience"?

"God a multiplistic sentience" refers to the belief that there is a divine being or force that exists in multiple forms or manifestations. This concept suggests that God is not a singular entity or deity, but rather a complex and multifaceted consciousness that can be experienced and understood in various ways.

2. How is this concept different from traditional monotheism or polytheism?

The concept of "God a multiplistic sentience" differs from traditional monotheism, which believes in one all-powerful and all-knowing God, and polytheism, which believes in multiple distinct deities. Instead, it acknowledges the existence of a divine being that transcends traditional definitions and can take on various forms and identities.

3. What evidence supports the idea of "God a multiplistic sentience"?

There is no concrete evidence that proves the existence of "God a multiplistic sentience" as it is a concept rooted in faith and personal belief. However, some people may point to experiences of divine presence or spiritual awakening as evidence for the existence of a multiplistic sentience of God.

4. How does the concept of "God a multiplistic sentience" impact religious practices and beliefs?

The concept of "God a multiplistic sentience" can have a significant impact on religious practices and beliefs as it challenges traditional ideas of God and opens the door for a more inclusive and diverse understanding of the divine. It may also lead to a more fluid and flexible approach to spirituality and religious practices.

5. Can someone believe in "God a multiplistic sentience" and still adhere to a specific religion?

Yes, it is possible for someone to believe in "God a multiplistic sentience" and still adhere to a specific religion. This concept does not necessarily conflict with any particular religious beliefs, but rather offers a different perspective on the nature of God that can be incorporated into existing belief systems.