Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

God created the heavens and the Earth

1. Jun 20, 2009 #1
    I know that as a general rule most of those who trust in science do not believe in god. A simple question to poke a hole in the bible's story is this. If, as the bible describes, "In the begining there was nothing.. god created the heavens and the earth." I ask show me "Nothing" It's impossiable. If there was Nothing then where did god exist, where was he. I still belive that society has the need to belive in something higher than it's self. To be assured that everything is not a coinsidence but that there is someone in control. I feel that there is a much more evolved presence in extience than "US" but there has not been one single person who could defy all know laws of physics, walking on water, rising from the dead, etc. The bible talks in metaphors and is open to interpitation not everything was writen "AS LAW" or truth. just a few of my thoughts feel free to add on.

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 20, 2009 #2
    juice81sc,

nothing cannot be made to represent the absence of anything as there will always be something.

regards,

VE

4. Jun 20, 2009 #3

DaveC426913

Gold Member

I think you'll need a slightly more compelling argument than that to score any points in an 'Is there a God?' debate.

BTW, before we go any farther in this discussion, you might want to re-familiarize yourself with the https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=5374" on the topic of Religious Discussion.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2017
  5. Jun 23, 2009 #4

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Religion aside (but thanks for pointing out the forum rules, Dave), I can't even figure out what the original post is about! :confused:

I don't think this meets the minimum standards for clarity.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2009
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook