God created the heavens and the Earth

• Thread starter juice81sc
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Earth
In summary, the author argues that because there cannot be nothing, god must exist. He offers no evidence to support this position and seems to be arguing based on a misunderstanding of basic concepts in physics.
juice81sc
I know that as a general rule most of those who trust in science do not believe in god. A simple question to poke a hole in the bible's story is this. If, as the bible describes, "In the beginning there was nothing.. god created the heavens and the earth." I ask show me "Nothing" It's impossiable. If there was Nothing then where did god exist, where was he. I still believe that society has the need to believe in something higher than it's self. To be assured that everything is not a coinsidence but that there is someone in control. I feel that there is a much more evolved presence in extience than "US" but there has not been one single person who could defy all know laws of physics, walking on water, rising from the dead, etc. The bible talks in metaphors and is open to interpitation not everything was written "AS LAW" or truth. just a few of my thoughts feel free to add on.

Earth sciences news on Phys.org
juice81sc,

nothing cannot be made to represent the absence of anything as there will always be something.

regards,

VE

juice81sc said:
I know that as a general rule most of those who trust in science do not believe in god. A simple question to poke a hole in the bible's story is this. If, as the bible describes, "In the beginning there was nothing.. god created the heavens and the earth." I ask show me "Nothing" It's impossiable. If there was Nothing then where did god exist, where was he.

I think you'll need a slightly more compelling argument than that to score any points in an 'Is there a God?' debate.

BTW, before we go any farther in this discussion, you might want to re-familiarize yourself with the https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=5374" on the topic of Religious Discussion.

Last edited by a moderator:
Religion aside (but thanks for pointing out the forum rules, Dave), I can't even figure out what the original post is about! :confused:

I don't think this meets the minimum standards for clarity.

Last edited:

1. What evidence is there for God creating the heavens and the Earth?

There is no scientific evidence that can definitively prove or disprove the existence of a higher being or deity. The creation of the universe is a topic that falls outside the realm of science and is often addressed by religion and philosophy.

2. How long did it take for God to create the heavens and the Earth?

The concept of time as we know it did not exist before the creation of the universe, so it is impossible to determine the exact length of time it took for God to create the heavens and the Earth.

3. Is the creation story in the Bible compatible with scientific theories?

The creation story in the Bible is a religious and spiritual account of the origin of the universe, while scientific theories seek to explain the natural processes and laws that govern the universe. They are not necessarily incompatible, as they address different aspects of the same topic.

4. Why do some people believe in a literal interpretation of "God created the heavens and the Earth" while others see it as a metaphor?

Individuals may interpret religious texts differently based on their personal beliefs and perspectives. Some may view the creation story as a literal account of how the universe was formed, while others may see it as a metaphorical representation of a higher power's role in the creation of the universe.

5. Can science and religion coexist when it comes to the creation of the universe?

Many scientists and religious individuals believe that science and religion can coexist and provide different perspectives on the creation of the universe. Both science and religion offer valuable insights and explanations for the world around us, and it is possible to appreciate and understand both without conflicting beliefs.