God created the heavens and the Earth

• Thread starter juice81sc
  • Start date
I know that as a general rule most of those who trust in science do not believe in god. A simple question to poke a hole in the bible's story is this. If, as the bible describes, "In the begining there was nothing.. god created the heavens and the earth." I ask show me "Nothing" It's impossiable. If there was Nothing then where did god exist, where was he. I still belive that society has the need to belive in something higher than it's self. To be assured that everything is not a coinsidence but that there is someone in control. I feel that there is a much more evolved presence in extience than "US" but there has not been one single person who could defy all know laws of physics, walking on water, rising from the dead, etc. The bible talks in metaphors and is open to interpitation not everything was writen "AS LAW" or truth. just a few of my thoughts feel free to add on.

Answers and Replies

juice81sc,

nothing cannot be made to represent the absence of anything as there will always be something.

regards,

VE

DaveC426913
Gold Member
I know that as a general rule most of those who trust in science do not believe in god. A simple question to poke a hole in the bible's story is this. If, as the bible describes, "In the begining there was nothing.. god created the heavens and the earth." I ask show me "Nothing" It's impossiable. If there was Nothing then where did god exist, where was he.
I think you'll need a slightly more compelling argument than that to score any points in an 'Is there a God?' debate.

BTW, before we go any farther in this discussion, you might want to re-familiarize yourself with the https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=5374" on the topic of Religious Discussion.

Last edited by a moderator:
Math Is Hard
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Religion aside (but thanks for pointing out the forum rules, Dave), I can't even figure out what the original post is about! :confused:

I don't think this meets the minimum standards for clarity.

Last edited: