1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Support PF! Reminder for those going back to school to buy their text books via PF Here!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Good books on Physics

1. Nov 24, 2013 #1
    Good Morning/Afternoon all,

I'm a high school student in search of some good books on physics. Previously I have read "Quantum Enigma" by Bruce Rosenblum and Fred Kuttner, it really sparked my interest in physics and I can't get enough. I hope some of you have good suggestions.

Sincerly,
    Robby

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 25, 2013 #2
    If you know calculus, I recommend The Feynman Lectures on Physics. Otherwise I'd check out his more pop sci books.

4. Nov 27, 2013 #3
    "The Flying Circus of Physics", by Jearl Walker.
    There is an older version with answers on the back, so that you will not be tempted to read them before trying to think for yourself.

It can be a bit 'advanced' in some parts but it will turn a spark of love for physics into a vivid flame.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2013
  5. Nov 27, 2013 #4
    Why waste your time on pop-sci books? Why not get your feet wet and do some actually rigorous physics texts? It's way more satisfying. You can start with some things like Halliday and Resnick (be sure to do some calculus in the mean while).

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted