Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Stargazing Good telescope for $400

1. Oct 25, 2010 #1
    with about 400$, any suggestion for me ? what i should buy, pls me a store or brand in US pls :D

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 26, 2010 #2

turbo

Gold Member

Re: Planning to buy a first telescope?

An Orion XT8 is well within your budget. It is an 8" Newtonian on an alt-azimuth (Dobsonian) mount. By staying with a simple, inexpensive mount you get the best optics for your money.

4. Oct 27, 2010 #3

Chronos

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

5. Oct 27, 2010 #4

thx for that suggestion, hmm, i've searched for it in google, seem to be quite good :D

http://www.softwareoutsourcing.biz/services/software-development.html [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator: May 5, 2017
  6. Oct 27, 2010 #5

turbo

Gold Member

It has parabolically-figured primary mirror (not spherically, so you can escape some coma) and has enough aperture to get you into some pretty serious fuzzy-hunting territory. This is a decent scope with reasonable aperture. Buy a nice atlas or set of charts, so you can learn your way around the night sky, and you'll be busy for years.

Last edited by a moderator: May 5, 2017
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook