1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Good trig books?

1. Oct 17, 2009 #1
    We just got into the trig section of pre calc and I have come to the realization that I forgot most of the trig I was taught in high school. I'm looking for a solid trig book for self study so that I can catch up on what I should know.

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 18, 2009 #2
  4. Oct 30, 2009 #3
    Trigonometry, Gelfand. I own it, and am in fact looking at it right now. I can guarantee it's a good one. It has creative problems, and many proofs. I highly recommend it.

5. Oct 31, 2009 #4

symbolipoint

Homework Helper
    Education Advisor
    Gold Member

I have a Larson&Hostetler(&Edwards?) Trigonometry book. Much of it is very, very good, but I struggled to understand about vectors, their projections, dot and cross products. I have studied more than once, in fact 3 or 4 times in my life and still not able to understand for more than a few seconds at a time, and just barely. Is this set of topics just difficult, or is this not the best book for this set of topics? Anybody know of a better Trigonometry book which treats these topics more clearly?

6. Nov 1, 2009 #5
    For basic trig:

http://www.clarku.edu/~djoyce/trig/

symbolipoint, wouldn't a linear algebra book be a better choice for learning vectors, etc.?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook