1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Grad school to study Quantum Gravity?

1. Jul 16, 2010 #1
    I've got a bachelors in Ephys and I'm REALLY interested in quantum gravity (LQG and semi-classical approaches), but my GR experience is limited to running a few simulations in Mathematica, and I've just had the first semester of QM.

I know it's not realistic to start doing QG right away with this knowledge but what schools should I be looking at to start heading in that direction?

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 16, 2010 #2

MathematicalPhysicist

Gold Member

From what I see in the US you have LSU, Pen-State univ which specifically approach LQG.
    In Europe you have Marseille and also Ulm Univ in germany which I saw there's a group which deals in LQG (mainly applications to cosmology), besides these in England there's Nottingham, and in Canada there's Perimeter.
    These are the places where I have looked and they have the prominent researchers in LQG.

You can ask Marcus in the forums for a more thorough list.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook