1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Grad Schools in Europe

Tags:
  1. May 11, 2014 #1
    There are huge resources to rank and rate the different universities for physics in US but i am blind as to what universities i can apply outside US preferably Europe. with the profile i have i dont think i have any shot in top schools and can aim only for 2nd tier schools

My profile as of now -
    Industrial Engineering in India (National Institute of Technology, trichy) Top 5 in india

Over all GPA now in indian system = 7.2/10 (which converts to around 3.7/4)
    2 Journal articles in physics (general relativity)
    4 Projects in physics (2 summer and 2 winter projects) (general relativity and Quantum mechanics)
    1 Statistical Math Project
    1 project to mathematically model product life cycle (used physics model for solving industrial engineering problems)
    1 conference (this summer)
    1 Lecture course by Prof michael berry (this summer)

Gre yet to take

Can you recommend some good europian physics schools that i have a chance, so that i could add them to the list.

My list as of now has

University at Buffalo, SUNY
    Univ of Pittsburgh
    U Wisconsin-Madison
    SUNY-Stony Brook
    North Carolina State Univ

2. jcsd
  3. May 11, 2014 #2
    What's your predicted PGRE score?

4. May 11, 2014 #3
    I am quite good in problem solving and PGRE as i sampled few questions, is almost same level as my undergrad entrance exam which i fared well

so most probably some where around 850-900 ?

5. May 11, 2014 #4
    and would be really helpful if you could recommend any other US universities i have good shot at.
    thanks a ton in advance ! :D

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook