Grad students, ever have packages delivered to your lab

In summary, when it comes to having personal packages delivered to your lab, it is important to check with your lab's policies and your lab supervisor. It is recommended to include the full lab address and specific delivery instructions when ordering a package, and to notify your lab supervisor or labmates to ensure correct delivery. If you are not in the lab when the package is delivered, it will likely be held at a designated mailroom or office. It is not recommended to have perishable items delivered to the lab, and there may be restrictions on the size or weight of packages that can be delivered. It is best to check with your lab supervisor before ordering any large or heavy items.
wotanub
Is that weird? I live in apartment, so when I order stuff from Amazon, they just leave the stuff in the foyer for anyone to pick up on.

Maybe I could just send it to my "office" at "work?"

Physics news on Phys.org
Why not? Who's going to care?

Yes, lots of people do that.

1. Can I have personal packages delivered to my lab?

It depends on your lab's policies and the type of package being delivered. Some labs do not allow personal packages to be delivered, while others may have restrictions on the types of items that can be delivered. It is best to check with your lab supervisor before having a package delivered.

2. How do I ensure the package is delivered to the correct lab?

When ordering a package, be sure to include the full lab address and any specific instructions for delivery, such as a lab room or building number. You can also notify your lab supervisor or labmates that you are expecting a package to ensure it is received correctly.

3. What should I do if the package is delivered when I am not in the lab?

If you are not in the lab when the package is delivered, it will likely be delivered to a designated mailroom or office for your department. You can check with your lab supervisor or the department's main office to retrieve your package.

4. Can I have perishable items delivered to the lab?

It is generally not recommended to have perishable items delivered to the lab, as they may not be properly stored or refrigerated. It is best to have perishable items delivered to your home or a designated personal address instead.

5. Are there any restrictions on the size or weight of packages that can be delivered to the lab?

Again, this depends on your lab's policies and the type of package being delivered. It is best to check with your lab supervisor before ordering any large or heavy items to be delivered to the lab.