1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Graduate course as a UG: Complex Analysis or Topology?

Tags:
  1. Oct 2, 2015 #1
    As an undergraduate, which graduate-level course will prepare me better for grad school, Complex Analysis or Topology? I probably can't fit both into my schedule, but I can definitely fit one. I have already taken undergraduate complex analysis and I'm taking now undergraduate topology. My impression right now is that I like complex analysis slightly better, but I haven't finished topology yet, so this might change.

As for grad school plans, I have number theory in mind, but of course this might also change. I know complex analysis is essential to analytic number theory, what about topology?

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 2, 2015 #2

jedishrfu

Staff: Mentor

I'd take the complex analysis since you know you like it and take the topology later on. This way you add variety to your schedule and get more time to digest what you learned in topology before tackling it again.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook