UFOs, Greys and My Shadow: Is There a Connection?

• Thread starter Hurkyl
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Shadow
In summary, you were dreaming about UFOs, and while it may not be evidence of aliens, it is still an interesting dream.
Hurkyl
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
I just woke up from a dream involving U.F.O.s, so aliens were on the brain. It seemed to me that my shadow bears an uncanny resemblance to a grey alien, particularly when the light source comes from behind. (So that, say, it's elongated, meaning its limbs appear long and thin)

<humor>
Of course, the back of my head was pounding too. Maybe I was seeing greys, but the memory was just replaced!
</humor>

Physics news on Phys.org
I wouldn't say the greys resemble shadows(it has been suggested by skeptics that greys are actually the result of an inborn facial recognition template), but there are however tales of other types of aliens/ghosts/whatever, called 'shadow beings', as u can read on this page:

http://www.alienjigsaw.com/Part_III/MaryKerfoot3.html

I also remember reading a science newsstory awhile ago about how the brain can make it look like shadows are moving when ones room is dark, creating the illusion of moving figures being present.

Last edited by a moderator:
I seem to get more paranoid at night.Espically when I wake in the middle of the night.

Where you watching any movies or somthings that had aliens in it.

I dream a lot. About all sorts of topics. Sometimes I even remember them! (Though not nearly as often as I used to)

It also takes a minute or so to fully awaken when you do it with a start like that: I was specifically going for the lightswitches as I was moving around my apartment to reduce the opportunity for my mind to play tricks with shadows. :smile: The grey I did "see" was just before I had the thought to do so, and I peeked into the bathroom just as I thought to go the other way to hit the lightswitch for the hallway. I noticed my shadow twice afterwards, and that's when it struck me just how much a shadow can look like a grey in overall shape.

You were dreaming about UFOs?

My girlfriend's brother suffers from night terrors, in which one wakes up paralyzed and sees strange bodies surrounding him, and you can elaborate from there. We all go through a state called "hypnopompic" both directly before falling asleep and after waking up, but it isn't usually extended like it is in people with night terrors. I've had one episode like this, but it happens to this guy pretty regularly. They're said to be a pretty common explanation for many abduction stories.

Of course, how much they really explain I personally doubt, because the one time this did happen to me, I was under no impression whatsoever that I had been abducted or even touched or talked to in any way. Of course, I also knew of the existence of this phenomenon, so I knew what was happening, and wasn't even all that scared. Same thing with the guy from above.

Funny enough, after almost twenty years of having a serious interest in the UFO phenomenon, I can only recall one dream about aliens. But it was a scary one -they were coming to get me! I could see their crafts coming over the hill and I just watched in horror through the livingroom window. It was one of those really intense dreams that you don't forget.

I've had the sleep paralysis experience but always knew it for what it was; and before I ever heard a proper name for it. To me it was obvious that this was a dream-like experience that wasn't real.

1. What is the connection between UFOs, Greys, and My Shadow?

The connection between UFOs, Greys, and My Shadow is a common theme in many conspiracy theories and paranormal beliefs. Some people believe that UFOs, or unidentified flying objects, are actually spacecrafts piloted by extraterrestrial beings known as Greys. These beings are often described as having a grey skin tone and large, almond-shaped eyes. My Shadow refers to the idea that some people believe they are being followed or monitored by a shadowy figure or government entity.

2. Is there any scientific evidence to support the connection?

No, there is no scientific evidence to support the connection between UFOs, Greys, and My Shadow. While there have been many reported sightings of UFOs and alleged encounters with Greys, there is no concrete proof that these beings exist or that they are connected to My Shadow. The concept of My Shadow is also not supported by any scientific evidence and is considered a psychological phenomenon.

3. Why do some people believe in this connection?

Belief in the connection between UFOs, Greys, and My Shadow is often rooted in personal experiences, cultural beliefs, and a desire for answers to unexplained phenomena. Some people may also find comfort in the idea that they are not alone in the universe and that there may be a higher power or advanced beings watching over them.

4. How do scientists explain sightings of UFOs and Greys?

Scientists explain sightings of UFOs and alleged encounters with Greys as misidentifications of natural or man-made objects, hoaxes, or psychological phenomena. Many sightings can be explained by natural phenomena such as meteors, planets, or atmospheric conditions. Others may be explained by man-made objects such as drones or experimental aircraft. In rare cases, sightings may be attributed to psychological factors such as pareidolia, which is the tendency to see familiar patterns in random data.

5. Are there any ongoing scientific studies on this topic?

While there is no scientific evidence to support the connection between UFOs, Greys, and My Shadow, there are ongoing scientific studies on the phenomena of UFO sightings and belief in extraterrestrial life. These studies aim to understand the psychological and societal factors that contribute to belief in UFOs and explore the possibility of life beyond Earth. However, these studies do not specifically focus on the connection between UFOs, Greys, and My Shadow as it is not considered a scientifically valid concept.