Guess the Formulas: Help Martin Solve His Comp Sci Assignment

• Thread starter Dantes
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is about a computer science class assignment to create methods for various formulas. The formulas include conversions, theories, and equations related to interest, quadratic equations, distance, gravity, and more. The person is unsure about a few formulas and asks for clarification. Another person provides corrections and adds information about some of the formulas.
Dantes
Sup all,

In a comp sci class right now and one of our assignments is make methods for the following formula's. We don't need to know what they are/mean, since we are just make variable scripts that aren't actually solving anything.

But I didn't know what some of them were so I figure asking here might be the best thing.

http://www.cs.utexas.edu/users/scottm/images/formulas.gif

1. conversion of F degrees to Cel.
2. ?
3. ?
4. Something to do with theory of relativity?
5. ?
6. ?
7. I think it's the interest formula
8. Quadratic
9. Distance
10. No idea
11. Something about gravity I think
12. No clue
13. No clue

Add the ones I don't know if you know them. Correct the ones I have if they wrong :redface:

later.

martin

Physics news on Phys.org
The ones that I'm sure about 6. It is the sum of the terms in a Geometric series 4. gamma in relativity.(you are right)

2. May be a complex function, where z = x + iy
11. Formula in electronics
...these are the ones that I'm unsure of.

10. A sophistication to Stirlings approximation of N!

6. the sum over a finite number of terms for a quantity R less than 1.0, multiplied by a scaling factor A

1. What is "Guess the Formulas: Help Martin Solve His Comp Sci Assignment"?

"Guess the Formulas: Help Martin Solve His Comp Sci Assignment" is a computer science assignment that involves solving mathematical formulas based on given inputs.

2. How can I access "Guess the Formulas: Help Martin Solve His Comp Sci Assignment"?

"Guess the Formulas: Help Martin Solve His Comp Sci Assignment" can be accessed through a computer or mobile device with internet connection.

3. Do I need any prior knowledge in computer science to complete this assignment?

While some basic understanding of computer science may be helpful, this assignment is designed for beginners and does not require any prior knowledge in computer science.

4. How does "Guess the Formulas: Help Martin Solve His Comp Sci Assignment" benefit students?

This assignment helps students practice problem-solving skills, logical thinking, and understanding of mathematical formulas, which are essential skills in computer science and other fields.

5. Can I collaborate with others while completing "Guess the Formulas: Help Martin Solve His Comp Sci Assignment"?

Yes, collaboration is encouraged as long as each student contributes equally to the assignment. However, it is important to not copy or plagiarize each other's work.