1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Guys, I have a question regarding a mathematical equation of a transformer

1. Nov 10, 2008 #1
    I have been trying to figure it out, but nothing seems to help. my queston is simple, how are we able to derive a mathematical equation of a transformer for convesion of Delta connection to star or star to delta ?

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 10, 2008 #2
    now, are you asking what the equations are? or are you asking how did we ever come up with the equations to begin with??

4. Nov 10, 2008 #3
    im asking what the equation is.

5. Nov 10, 2008 #4
    Assuming a balanced three-phase circuit,

[​IMG]

Where [​IMG] is the magnitude of the line-to-line voltage on a Delta connection, and [​IMG] is the magnitude of the line-to-neutral voltage on a Wye(star) connection.

6. Nov 10, 2008 #5

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

7. Nov 10, 2008 #6

Thanks for the help guys. This question was in my MID., it was a bonus question, either way I did not attempt it :( Just wanted to know

Thank you :)

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?