GWB had just been reelected for another four years

• Thread starter EL
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Years
In summary, the conversation discusses the possibility of George W. Bush and other members of his administration resigning after January 20, 2007, potentially allowing Condoleezza Rice to become President. The conversation also mentions the potential for impeachment proceedings to be initiated by the Democrats in the House of Representatives.
EL
Science Advisor
I just woke up from a terrible nightmare:
GWB had just been reelected for another four years, and thus I'd had to cancel my plans of a transatlantic postdoc.
Somehow he had found a loophole in the law and managed to win again...scary stuff...

Physics news on Phys.org
EL said:
I just woke up from a terrible nightmare:
GWB had just been reelected for another four years, and thus I'd had to cancel my plans of a transatlantic postdoc.
Somehow he had found a loophole in the law and managed to win again...scary stuff...
:eek: :bugeye:

Actually, I can see the possibility that GWBush (and Cheney, Rumsfeld, and others) will resign after Jan 20, 2007, since that would give Rice an opportunity to be President through the remainder of the current term, and she could still be run and be elected for two terms.

And you think that is going to happen?

I mentioned 'possibility'. If enough people want it to happen, then yes, it could happen. It is more likely if Democrats regain control of the House, in which Impeachment of 'president, vice president or civil officers' is inititated. If the Republicans control the House, it is less likely impeachments would be initiated, unless the congressional Republicans feel it is in their best interest, but then they could ask (force) Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld et al to resign.

Some are already motivated - http://www.impeachpac.org/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Impeachment

Related to GWB had just been reelected for another four years

What does "GWB" stand for?

GWB stands for George W. Bush, who was the 43rd President of the United States.

When was GWB reelected for another four years?

GWB was reelected on November 2, 2004, defeating Democratic candidate John Kerry.

How many terms did GWB serve as president?

GWB served two terms as president, from 2001 to 2009.

What were some notable events that occurred during GWB's second term?

During his second term, GWB faced challenges such as Hurricane Katrina, the Iraq War, and the 2008 financial crisis. He also signed the Medicare Modernization Act and the No Child Left Behind Act.

Did GWB's approval ratings change during his second term?

Yes, GWB's approval ratings fluctuated during his second term, with a low of 25% in 2008 and a high of 90% in 2001 following the 9/11 attacks.