Half-Time Show Letdown: Tom Petty Performance

• Thread starter Cyrus
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Time
In summary, the conversation revolved around the Superbowl half-time show, with one person expressing their dislike for Tom Petty's performance and suggesting a different artist. Another person mentioned a popular band and shared a link to their music. There was also discussion about a potential wardrobe malfunction and a comparison to the Puppy Bowl's kitten half-time show. The conversation then shifted to a music genre and a specific event where it was played. Finally, someone brought up a video of a previous half-time show and expressed their disappointment in it.
Cyrus
I like tom petty, but awk! That was for 40+ year olds who remember him from back in the day. Talk about corny. That was not a superbowl song.

I would rather have seen something like O.A.R.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=5497461504113188940&q=that+was+a+crazy&total=14330&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=2

Something popular, at least. It looked like those PBS concerts.

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
that's very petty

Cyrus said:
I like tom petty, but awk! That was for 40+ year olds who remember him from back in the day. Talk about corny. That was not a superbowl song.

I would rather have seen something like O.A.R.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=5497461504113188940&q=that+was+a+crazy&total=14330&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=2

Something popular, at least. It looked like those PBS concerts.
Evo, should like that tune. Great SAX!

BTW - I'm not watching the SB, and I'm certainly not watching SB half-time. :biggrin:

Any wardrobe malfunctions?

Math Is Hard said:
Any wardrobe malfunctions?

there were a lot of flashes from women in the audience aimed at Petty

Is it already half-time?

Which song did he perform?

Puppy Bowl had cute kitten half time show!

For Evo,

http://www.georgeacosta.com/vicealliance/index.html

This is the kind of music they played at the place I went last night. I guess its house/trans. But you have to imagine bass so high that you can feel it. Smoke machines, go go girls and laser lights.

Cyrus.

Really!

When!

Does a half-time show...

NOT!SUCK?

I remember turning that one off too.

Ahhhhhhhh 10 seconds, come on NE!

1. What were the main criticisms of Tom Petty's Half-Time show performance?

Some of the main criticisms of Tom Petty's Half-Time show performance included his lack of energy and stage presence, as well as the choice of songs he performed.

2. Did Tom Petty face any technical difficulties during his performance?

There were no reports of technical difficulties during Tom Petty's performance, however, some viewers did note that the sound quality was not as clear as they had hoped.

3. How did Tom Petty's performance compare to previous Half-Time shows?

Many viewers considered Tom Petty's performance to be lackluster compared to previous Half-Time shows, particularly those of high-energy performers like Beyoncé and Bruno Mars.

4. What was the overall reception of Tom Petty's Half-Time show performance?

The overall reception of Tom Petty's performance was mixed. While some viewers enjoyed his classic rock sound and appreciated his live vocals, others felt that it was a letdown compared to previous Half-Time shows.

5. Did Tom Petty address the criticism of his performance?

No, Tom Petty did not publicly address the criticism of his performance. However, he did express his gratitude for the opportunity to perform at the Super Bowl Half-Time show in interviews following the event.