1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Hamel Generator

1. Jul 21, 2008 #1
    David Hamel (1924-2007) made a generator, and some people might know it from mythbusters where they made one for the anti-gravity myth. Even though it didn't work for the anti-gravity the generator itself seemed to work. I then read on the internet that it is supposed to run for 100's of years.

I was interested in making one, does anyone know how to make a miniature homemade version?

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 22, 2008 #2
    I was thinking, this may be a stupid question, if the hamel generator was connected to a electric generator couldn't it produce cheap and clean electricity? - Sounds to good to be true

4. Jul 22, 2008 #3

Integral

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

You need to post more information about a Hamel Generator. I (and I am sure others) have never heard of the device.

5. Jul 22, 2008 #4
    Okay, thanks for reply
    This info is from JLN Labs [crackpot link deleted]

The picture in the attachtments is from the site and shows a version of the generator... not completely sure if this is hamel's design... but i think its the sames as in mythbusters

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 23, 2008
  6. Jul 23, 2008 #5

russ_watters

Staff: Mentor

This is a crackpot perpetual motion machine. No, it won't produce power. It won't do anything useful at all.

As a rule, we don't discuss such things here - it brings crackpots out of the woodwook and provides free advertising for the originator of the crackpot idea.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?