Hamel Generator

1. David Hamel (1924-2007) made a generator, and some people might know it from mythbusters where they made one for the anti-gravity myth. Even though it didn't work for the anti-gravity the generator itself seemed to work. I then read on the internet that it is supposed to run for 100's of years.

I was interested in making one, does anyone know how to make a miniature homemade version?

2. jcsd
  3. I was thinking, this may be a stupid question, if the hamel generator was connected to a electric generator couldn't it produce cheap and clean electricity? - Sounds to good to be true

4. Integral

Integral 7,351
    Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

You need to post more information about a Hamel Generator. I (and I am sure others) have never heard of the device.

5. Okay, thanks for reply
    This info is from JLN Labs [crackpot link deleted]

The picture in the attachtments is from the site and shows a version of the generator... not completely sure if this is hamel's design... but i think its the sames as in mythbusters

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 23, 2008
  6. russ_watters

Staff: Mentor

This is a crackpot perpetual motion machine. No, it won't produce power. It won't do anything useful at all.

As a rule, we don't discuss such things here - it brings crackpots out of the woodwook and provides free advertising for the originator of the crackpot idea.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share a link to this question via email, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?