Hawking radiation & Information loss

In summary: if there is no hawking radiation,then information would be inside the black hole but not accessible to our world...u said that information is lost if there is no hawking radiation..how is that?
spidey
What if there is no hawking radiation i.e if it is not proved..i think it is not yet proved...so will it have any influence on information loss paradox..if there is no hawking radiation then the information would be inside black hole and not accessible..so there is no information loss paradox if there is no hawking radiation...any comments..

Astronomy news on Phys.org
I'm no expert but wouldn't that mean you don't have a singularity? By "information" do you mean subatomic identities? I understand I am working at a very basic level here, just a curious layman.

spidey said:
What if there is no hawking radiation i.e if it is not proved..i think it is not yet proved...so will it have any influence on information loss paradox..if there is no hawking radiation then the information would be inside black hole and not accessible..so there is no information loss paradox if there is no hawking radiation...any comments..

even if anyone prooves that there is no hawking radiation then how will black hole evaporation take place. hawking radition is the one which causes the decrease in the event horizon. so the black holes will be hawing increasing event horizons.

spidey said:

It's the opposite. if there is no Hawking radiation then for sure there is information loss. If Hawking radiation is real, then the issue is less clear. If th eradiation is truly thermal, information is still lost. That's the whole question: whether or not the information is radiated away in the form of subtle correlations in the radiation.

nrqed said:
It's the opposite. if there is no Hawking radiation then for sure there is information loss. If Hawking radiation is real, then the issue is less clear. If th eradiation is truly thermal, information is still lost. That's the whole question: whether or not the information is radiated away in the form of subtle correlations in the radiation.

if there is no hawking radiation,then information would be inside the black hole but not accessible to our world...u said that information is lost if there is no hawking radiation..how is that?

Even hawking himself said in his information loss paradox paper,classically, there is no information loss in black holes since the black holes live forever,it could be thought that information would be inside the black hole.

What is Hawking radiation?

Hawking radiation is a phenomenon predicted by physicist Stephen Hawking in 1974, where black holes are believed to emit radiation and slowly lose mass over time. This radiation is caused by the quantum effects near the event horizon of the black hole.

How does Hawking radiation work?

Hawking radiation is created when a pair of particles, one with positive energy and one with negative energy, are created near the event horizon of a black hole. The negative energy particle falls into the black hole while the positive energy particle escapes, creating the appearance of radiation being emitted from the black hole.

What is the information loss paradox?

The information loss paradox refers to the conflict between the principles of quantum mechanics and general relativity. According to quantum mechanics, information about particles entering a black hole should be preserved, but general relativity suggests that information is lost once it enters the black hole.

Can Hawking radiation solve the information loss paradox?

There is currently no consensus among physicists about whether Hawking radiation can fully solve the information loss paradox. Some believe that it may provide a partial solution, but others argue that it does not fully resolve the conflict between quantum mechanics and general relativity.

Is Hawking radiation observable?

Hawking radiation is extremely difficult to observe and has not been directly detected. However, scientists have observed indirect evidence of its effects, such as changes in the orbits of particles near black holes. Further research and technological advancements may allow for the direct observation of Hawking radiation in the future.