Solving Equations for Varying Parameters for Beginners

• Thread starter juice34
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses two equations, -1/r(d/dr)(r*tao)=0 and tao=m(-dv/dr)^n, and their application to finding the value of v at different parameters. The solution involves substituting the second equation into the first and solving for v.
juice34
Help help help!

eq#1) -1/r(d/dr)(r*tao)=0
eq#2)tao=m(-dv/dr)^n (n is a parameter)

for v=0 at r=R and v=V and r=kR (k and V are parameters)

I cannot figure this out for the life of me!

Physics news on Phys.org

juice34 said:
eq#1) -1/r(d/dr)(r*tao)=0
eq#2)tao=m(-dv/dr)^n (n is a parameter)

for v=0 at r=R and v=V and r=kR (k and V are parameters)

I cannot figure this out for the life of me!

Hello juice34,

It does not seem that difficult. I assume that the independent variable is r and that the dependent one is v. The first step is to substitute the second equation into the first one and leaving out the part which is divided away with regards to the zero on the right hand side. This gives:

<< complete solution deleted by Mentors >>

Check this calculation again step by step to make sure I did not make a mistake.

Coomast

Last edited by a moderator:

Related to Solving Equations for Varying Parameters for Beginners

1. What is the purpose of solving equations for varying parameters?

The purpose of solving equations for varying parameters is to find the values of the variables that satisfy the given equation. This can help in understanding the relationship between different variables and predicting outcomes based on changes in those variables.

2. How do you solve equations for varying parameters?

To solve equations for varying parameters, you need to isolate the variable that you want to solve for and rearrange the equation using basic algebraic operations such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division. You may also need to use inverse operations, such as square roots or exponentials, to isolate the variable.

3. What are some common challenges when solving equations for varying parameters?

Some common challenges when solving equations for varying parameters include dealing with complex equations, equations with multiple variables, and equations with fractions or decimals. It is important to carefully apply the rules of algebra and double-check your work to avoid mistakes.

4. How can solving equations for varying parameters be applied in real-life situations?

Solving equations for varying parameters can be applied in various fields such as physics, engineering, economics, and chemistry. For example, it can be used to determine the optimal amount of ingredients in a recipe, calculate the trajectory of a projectile, or find the break-even point for a business.

5. Are there any tips or tricks for solving equations for varying parameters more efficiently?

One tip for solving equations for varying parameters more efficiently is to always start by simplifying the equation as much as possible. This can help in reducing the number of steps needed to isolate the variable. Additionally, it can be helpful to review and practice basic algebraic concepts and techniques to become more proficient in solving equations.