HELP Impulse Response h(t) problem

In summary: You must provide the impulse response of a discrete system. The impulse response of a discrete system is h[n] for n = 0, 1, 2, .... h[n+1] is the value of h[n] after taking the derivative with respect to time.
Raihan
HELP! Impulse Response h(t) problem

Please help me solve this problem. Atleast the correct answer indication is also very much appreciated.
Compute the impulse response h(t) for (dy(t))/dt -4y(t)=x(t)
a. y(t) = e^4t
b. y(t) = 1- e^4t
c. y(t) = e^-4t
d. y(t) = 1- e^-4t
Compute the impulse response h(t)for (dy(t)/dt -y(t)=dx(t)/dt-2x(t)
a. y(t) = e^-2t
b. y(t) = -e^t + delta(lamda)
c. y(t) = e^-t - delta(lamda)
d. y(t) = 1- e^-2t
Compute the impulse response h(t) for (dy(t)/dt +4y(t)=x(t)
a. y(t) = e^4t
b. y(t) = 1- e^4t
c. y(t) = e^-4t
d. y(t) = 1- e^-4t

Thanks for your kindness, time and effort.

Engineering news on Phys.org
hi raihan.
I'm not sure why you are given y(t) values?
if you asked to calculate the impulse response of a system say for eample the first onc - you merely make x(t) = delta(t) (i.e. you are inputting an impulse function). You then take the laplace transform of this new expression. You then make Y(s) the subjsect of the formula. Then take the inverse lablace of this which will yield y(t) which is actaully eqaul to h(t). Remember y(t) = h(t) only when we put an mipulse function in the systm - as in this case.

I 've just realized that this probably multiple choice and you must choose the correct option?? if it's not then it doesn't make sense.

lata

Yeah that's right. is multiple choice. And I have to choose the correct option.would you help me please now. Thanks a bunch.

Raihan said:
Yeah that's right. is multiple choice. And I have to choose the correct option.would you help me please now. Thanks a bunch.
What are your answers so far, and why do you think they are correct? You must show your own work in order to get our help.

An alternate solution for what LM741 suggested is to calculate the step response s(t) and differentiate it.

Generally in impulse response we replaceY[n] with h[n] and x[n] with delta[n] and put different values for n and find the values for the values for h[n]. first we re arrange the equation for h[n] and then find it. but after finding those values what should I do ? I am stuck right there.please help.

Raihan said:
Generally in impulse response we replaceY[n] with h[n] and x[n] with delta[n] and put different values for n and find the values for the values for h[n]. first we re arrange the equation for h[n] and then find it. but after finding those values what should I do ? I am stuck right there.please help.
The question you presented asks for the impulse response of a continuous system. There is no sense to mention h[n] or x[n].

1. What is an impulse response h(t) problem?

An impulse response h(t) problem is a mathematical concept used in signal processing and system analysis. It refers to the output of a system when an impulse signal is applied as the input. The impulse signal is essentially a very short burst of energy, and the impulse response h(t) is the system's output over time in response to this input.

2. How is an impulse response h(t) problem used in science?

The impulse response h(t) problem is used in various fields of science, such as physics, engineering, and neuroscience. It helps scientists understand and analyze the behavior of systems, such as electrical circuits, mechanical systems, and biological systems, by measuring their response to a known input.

3. What are some common applications of impulse response h(t) problems?

Some common applications of impulse response h(t) problems include room acoustics, where it is used to measure the impulse response of a room to design better sound systems; medical imaging, where it is used to analyze the response of tissues to different types of stimuli; and earthquake engineering, where it is used to study the response of buildings and structures to seismic waves.

4. How is an impulse response h(t) problem different from a step response?

While both an impulse response h(t) and a step response represent the output of a system, they differ in their input signals. An impulse response h(t) is the system's response to an impulse input, while a step response is the system's response to a step input, which is a constant value over time. Additionally, an impulse response h(t) provides information about the system's behavior over time, while a step response only gives the final steady-state response.

5. How do scientists use the impulse response h(t) function to solve problems?

Scientists use the impulse response h(t) function to solve problems by analyzing the properties of the function, such as its duration, amplitude, and shape. They can also use mathematical techniques, such as convolution, to manipulate and analyze the function in order to solve complex systems and predict their behavior. Additionally, the impulse response h(t) function can be used to design and optimize systems for specific purposes.