Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

[Help]LED light on a speaker circuit.

1. May 30, 2012 #1
    I want to create a little circuit thing. Ill explain it in a diagram below. Basically I have 1 set of speakers and 2 computers. I want to create a switch that will let me switch between which computer is playing on the speakers. Nothing complicated so far.

However I want there to be an LED light bulb turned ON when my dekstop is playing on the speakers and OFF when my laptop is playing. I probably cant just put the LED on the sound wires, it will screw up the sound and probably fry my sound card. So I need some help doing this, maybe someone can clear it up for me.

Here's the diagram of what I'm trying to accomplish:

img17.imageshack.us/img17/7499/123us.png

Anyway I can accomplish this without ruining the sound quality, frying my sound cards, or setting up a second circuit? I don't care too much about the strength of the LED so long as its visible, if it flickers it doesn't matter.

Thank you.

2. jcsd
  3. May 30, 2012 #2

Averagesupernova

Gold Member

I didn't look at the link you posted but why can't you just have a seperate switch pole for this LED?

4. May 30, 2012 #3
    i want it to be on only while the speakers are palying from the computer, i didnt want to make it too complex, mostly because i dont know much about this stuff

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook