What Formula Should I Use for Coefficient of Volume Expansion?

In summary, the purpose of figuring out a formula is to find a mathematical relationship between different variables or quantities. In order to know which formula to use, it is important to clearly define the variables and quantities involved and refer to a relevant mathematical concept or formula. However, not all formulas are applicable to every problem, as some are specific to certain concepts or physical laws. In cases where a specific formula cannot be found, it may be necessary to use a combination of different formulas, make assumptions, or consult with other experts. To ensure accuracy in calculations using a formula, it is important to use the correct formula, input the correct values for the variables, and follow the proper order of operations. Understanding the limitations and assumptions of a formula can also
xiaoyaozizai
Homework Statement
3. The water volume of the central heating system at 10 º C is 0,800 m3 . (a) What is the volume of water flowing out from the overflow pipe when the system temperature rises to 60 ° C. The coefficient of volume expansion of the water is 2,1 × 10-4 1 / K? b) How does the answer change when you also consider the thermal expansion of the system made of steel? The coefficient of volume expansion of steel is 35,1 × 10-6 1 / K.
Relevant Equations
pv=NRT
I don't know what formula to use to figure that out,help

Physics news on Phys.org
:welcome: !

Don't double post
read the guidelines
make an effort; "don't know" is no good in PF
"The coefficient of volume expansion" makes a much more useful equation than pV= NRT

Likes kuruman, topsquark and phinds

1. What is the purpose of using a formula?

The purpose of using a formula is to solve a specific problem or calculate a desired result. Formulas are used in various fields of science, such as physics, chemistry, and mathematics, to make predictions, analyze data, and understand relationships between variables.

2. How do I know which formula to use?

The formula you use will depend on the specific problem or question you are trying to solve. It is important to carefully read and understand the given information and identify the variables involved. Then, you can use your knowledge of mathematical and scientific principles to determine which formula is most appropriate.

3. Can I use any formula to solve a problem?

No, not all formulas can be used to solve a particular problem. Some formulas are specific to certain situations or variables, so it is important to choose the correct formula that applies to your problem.

4. How can I check if I used the correct formula?

You can check if you used the correct formula by plugging in the given values and seeing if the result matches the expected answer. You can also double-check your work by using a different formula that applies to the same problem and comparing the results.

5. Is it possible to create my own formula?

Yes, it is possible to create your own formula, but it requires a deep understanding of the problem and the variables involved. It is important to test and validate your formula to ensure its accuracy and applicability.