Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

HELP! on Bioreactor design.

1. Mar 21, 2006 #1
    I have this project my supervisor wants me to carry out and I am ina dilema. I've been searching the net for how to go about it but to no avail. Please, if you have a link that might help me know how a Bioreactor is designed, could you please post it here. I will richly appreciate this.

NB: A bioreactor is a vessel in which is carried out a chemical process which involves organisms or biochemically active substances derived from such organisms. This process can either be aerobic or anaerobic. It is used by chemical engineers.
  2. jcsd
  3. Mar 21, 2006 #2

Science Advisor

I am assuming that you have already seen this:

Perhaps if you get a bit more specific with what you are having problems with we can get on the right track. How big? What particular things does this design have to produce?
  4. Mar 22, 2006 #3
    Like Fred said, that is a general description. The bioreactor is a fashionable name for a fermentor. You will get better results if you search for cell, virus, bacterial fermentors. Go to websites of Bioengineering, Sartorius, Bbruan and NBS etc.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?