Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Help! Topic for AS coursework (sensors)

1. Oct 16, 2008 #1
    I'm studying AS Physics, and we're doing the sensors project for our coursework. WE can use LDRs, Thermistor, rotary sensor and a variable resistor (length).
    I have to think of a context to the measurements, and our teacher wants it to be witty and original, but have no ideas!!
    Examples of previous responses to the task include a 'smart coaster', a sensor using a thermistor that could tell you (with voltage) how hot a cup of tea was.
    please reply if you have any ideas at all! Any help would be greatly appreciated!

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 16, 2008 #2
    If you ask for someone else' s ideas, how would that be original?
    I thought that original idea means that no one else had it before you.
    Maybe this is the "witty" part...
  4. Oct 17, 2008 #3
    I didn't mean original as in no-one else has done it before, but as in not the ordinary 'I have a weight and a spring....' type of context. He wants us to take it out into the everyday world and just make it interesting. The point of this is that he has to mark them and wants to be amused.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?