1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Help with an h bridge controller

1. Dec 20, 2006 #1
    i'm using p type mosfets for an r/c cars h bridge controller (the two n types have been replaced with p types because of thier lower internal resistance) and was wondering if there is a way to do it with out voltage pump circuits that stills alllows a P.W.M. torque controller.

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 20, 2006 #2

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

So you're using p-type mosfets for the low-side switches as well?

EDIT -- I would have thought the n-fets would have better performance. What are the devices?

4. Dec 20, 2006 #3
    large 1:4 scale r/c car and use a LOT of current the difference in the internal resistance was becoming a problem in heating, and srry it was n types just i was typeing without thinking

Last edited: Dec 20, 2006
  5. Dec 20, 2006 #4

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

Okay, so you want to use n-channel power MOSFETs for the high-side switches instead of p-channel. Hmmm, gotta think about that one. Do you have a pointer to the n-channel device datasheets? And maybe one to the p-channel FETs that you are trying to replace.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?