1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Help with greedy algortitm please

1. Jul 19, 2007 #1
    help with greedy algortitm please!!

1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data

Hi Guys

I have a big problem which is bugging me. Basically the problem is about agreedy algorithm. I have attached the problem which would be similer to what I would get in the exam. I am really confused about the question I would like to get help from anyone please or example of how to solve the problem.

the problem is about

Each of ten students A-J have chosen 3 modules out of eight available as follows:

Discuss how the Greedy Algorithm can be applied to this problem and hence insert subjects in to slots in such a way as to minimise the number of students who have a timetable clash. :confused:

Ive attached the problem. I would be very greatful if me anyone can help me with this question it would be very helpful to

2. Relevant equations

3. The attempt at a solution

Attached Files:

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 22, 2007 #2
    Hi Guy

Does anyone know how to do this. Or am I right into thinking this is hard???

Really need help on this guys please

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?