HELP with question, I can't come up with the answer.

• Thread starter bradycat
  • Start date
In summary, two knights on horseback with different accelerations start from rest 88.0m apart and ride towards each other. The acceleration of Horse A is 0.300 m/s^2 and Horse B is 0.200 m/s^2. The question is where the horses will collide relative to Horse A's starting point. The relevant equations are d = 1/2at^2+vot and v = vo + at. If the riders start from 0, then vo=0. However, it appears that there may not be enough information to solve this problem.
bradycat
I have a problem and I can't solve it. Do I have enough info?

Two knights on horseback start from rest 88.0m apart and ride directly toward each other to do battle. Horse A accelleration has a magnitude of 0.300 m/s^2, while Horse B has a magnitude of 0.200 m/s^2.

Relative to Horse A's starting proint, where do the horses collide?

I am not sure what to do here.
Can you tell me what formula or formulas I need to use to figure this out. Just a work question and have no clue. Do I have enough info tho??

Please let me know ASAP, thanks for looking and helping if you do.
Joanne

This is what I came up with, but not sure, still can't get the answer. of 52.8m

Physics news on Phys.org
This one appears to not have enough knowns to deal with, but look closer.

Your equations would be:

d = 1/2at^2+vot

v = vo + at

If the riders start at from 0, that gives you vo=0. Does that help?

1. What should I do when I can't come up with the answer to a question?

When you are struggling to come up with an answer to a question, it is important to take a step back and approach the problem in a systematic way. First, make sure you understand the question and the key concepts involved. Then, review any relevant information or research that may help you find the answer. If you still can't come up with an answer, don't be afraid to ask for help from a colleague or mentor.

2. Are there any strategies for improving my problem-solving skills?

Yes, there are several strategies that can help improve your problem-solving skills. One important strategy is to break down complex problems into smaller, more manageable parts. This can help you identify the key elements of the problem and come up with a more effective approach. Additionally, practicing critical thinking and analytical skills can also improve your problem-solving abilities.

3. How can I avoid feeling overwhelmed when facing a difficult question?

Feeling overwhelmed is a common experience when facing a difficult question, but there are ways to manage these feelings. One approach is to break the question down into smaller, more manageable parts. You can also try taking a break and coming back to the question with a fresh perspective. It can also be helpful to talk to someone else about the question and brainstorm ideas together.

4. What are some common mistakes to avoid when trying to find an answer to a question?

One common mistake to avoid is jumping to conclusions or making assumptions without fully understanding the question. It is important to carefully read and analyze the question before attempting to find an answer. Another mistake is not considering all possible sources of information or not verifying the accuracy of your sources. It is also important to avoid overthinking or getting stuck on one approach; try to be open to different ways of thinking and problem-solving.

5. How can I improve my research skills to find the answer to a question?

Improving your research skills can greatly help in finding the answer to a question. One way to improve is to become familiar with various research methods and techniques, such as conducting literature reviews or using different search engines. Additionally, staying organized and keeping track of your sources and information can make the research process more efficient. It is also important to critically evaluate the credibility and relevance of your sources.