Help with this problem - finding power transfer to R load

In summary, the conversation is about finding the power transfer to R load and determining the Rth and Vth values. The person is having trouble finding Vth and asks for hints or tips. They have found Rth to be 28/9 but are unsure about its accuracy. A reference is provided for further help. The person then explains their method of finding Vth using Isc and Rth, resulting in a value of 21.6 V.
akatsuki_93
help with this problem -- finding power transfer to R load :)

http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/610/08072012060.jpg

i want help with finding Vth and finding power transfer to R load

thanks all

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org

Rules require you to do some work first. What have you tried? Where are you getting stuck? What does the blanked out text say?

sorry about the rules
I found Rth but the major problem is finding Vth i don't know from where to start so i need some hints or tips because i am new in these things :)
lets back to Rth i don't if it correct 100% but the value i found is 28/9

( about blanked --- determine the Rth and Vth ---)

sorry again about the rules

Last edited:

thanks for your help

Voc which is = Vth i found it hard to find so I found Isc then Vth =Rth*Isc and i get this 28/9k * 971/140m = 21.6 V

Last edited:

1. What is power transfer and how is it related to R load?

Power transfer refers to the amount of electrical power that is transferred from a source to a load. In the context of R load, it specifically refers to the amount of power transferred to a resistor, which is represented by the symbol R in electrical circuits. R load is important because it determines the amount of power that can be transferred to a specific component in a circuit.

2. How do I calculate power transfer to R load?

The formula for calculating power transfer to R load is P = V^2/R, where P is power in watts, V is voltage in volts, and R is resistance in ohms. To calculate the power transfer, simply plug in the values for voltage and resistance into the formula. Keep in mind that the units for voltage and resistance must be consistent (e.g. both in volts or both in ohms).

3. What factors affect power transfer to R load?

The main factors that affect power transfer to R load are the voltage and resistance. As voltage increases, the power transfer also increases, while an increase in resistance leads to a decrease in power transfer. Other factors that can affect power transfer include temperature, wire thickness, and the type of material used for the conductor.

4. Can power transfer to R load be increased?

Yes, power transfer to R load can be increased by either increasing the voltage or decreasing the resistance. However, it is important to note that there may be limitations or constraints depending on the specific circuit and components being used. It is always important to consider safety precautions and consult with an expert before making adjustments to a circuit.

5. What are some practical applications of power transfer to R load?

Power transfer to R load is a fundamental concept in electrical engineering and has various practical applications. One common application is in power distribution systems, where power is transferred from a source to a load (such as a household appliance) through wires and conductors. It is also important in designing and optimizing electronic circuits, as well as in renewable energy systems such as solar panels and wind turbines.