Solve This Math Puzzle: What Number Comes Next in the Sequence?

• Thread starter bblueblob
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Hard
In summary, the conversation is about a person asking for help to solve a math problem given by their teacher. The problem involves finding the next number in a sequence, with the hint to think about neopets and phone numbers. The person asking for help is given some clues and is advised to use Google to find the answer. The conversation ends with a reminder to follow forum guidelines and a remark about neopets.
bblueblob
:confused: Can someone help me please? :cry: My teacher for Math Summer Camp gave me this Problem. She never told us the answer, I would really like to know.
What number comes next?
2674​

Physics news on Phys.org
Think neopets and phone numbers (or the letters corresponding to each number on a cell phone ;)

Spoiler:

Google is your friend. Got a hit right away.

thaank you very much

But can you just tell me the answer

2= A or B or C
3=D or E or F
4=G or H or I
5=J or K or L
6=M or N or O
7=P or Q or R or S
8=T or U or V
9=W or X or Y or Z

Change the numbers for the letters. 2 can be A, B or C and so on. The number corresponds to the neopets. Find the neopet that is not listed there and do the process backwards to find the number.

bblueblob said:
But can you just tell me the answer
It's against forum rules to do that.

Honestly, I find it extremely bizarre that a math teacher will ask a question that tests zero math ability, but requires knowledge of some obscure things called neopets and the lightningbolt it takes to do the correct keypad conversion.

PS : Seeing as how at least one recent thread by you also involved a "neopets" riddle, I suspect this is yet another.

Please don't try to pass of these "neopets" riddles as genuine school math problems. People end up wasting their time on them when they could instead be helping folks with genuine learning hiccups.

If you did get this from your summer camp math teacher, ignore the above bit but be mindful of the forum guidelines. We can't help you unless you show some effort on your own part first.

Last edited:
i agree google is your friend highlighted in number 2 under spoiler

P.S. whoever knows neopets are gay

Related to Solve This Math Puzzle: What Number Comes Next in the Sequence?

1. What is "Heres a Hard One"?

"Heres a Hard One" is a phrase commonly used to introduce a difficult or challenging question or problem.

2. How do you solve a "Heres a Hard One" question?

Solving a "Heres a Hard One" question often requires critical thinking, problem-solving skills, and knowledge in a specific subject area.

3. Why are "Heres a Hard One" questions important?

"Heres a Hard One" questions help to challenge our minds and expand our knowledge and understanding of a topic or concept.

4. Can anyone solve a "Heres a Hard One" question?

Yes, anyone with the right skills and knowledge can solve a "Heres a Hard One" question. It may take some time and effort, but with persistence and determination, it is possible.

5. How can I improve my ability to solve "Heres a Hard One" questions?

The best way to improve your ability to solve "Heres a Hard One" questions is by practicing critical thinking and problem-solving skills regularly. You can also expand your knowledge in various subject areas to be better equipped for challenging questions.