1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Heres a Hard One

1. May 31, 2006 #1
    :confused: Can someone help me please? :cry: My teacher for Math Summer Camp gave me this Problem. She never told us the answer, I would really like to know.
    What number comes next?
    2674​

2. jcsd
  3. May 31, 2006 #2
    Think neopets and phone numbers (or the letters corresponding to each number on a cell phone ;)

Spoiler:

Google is your friend. Got a hit right away.

4. May 31, 2006 #3
    thaank you very much

5. May 31, 2006 #4
    But can you just tell me the answer

6. May 31, 2006 #5
    2= A or B or C
    3=D or E or F
    4=G or H or I
    5=J or K or L
    6=M or N or O
    7=P or Q or R or S
    8=T or U or V
    9=W or X or Y or Z

Change the numbers for the letters. 2 can be A, B or C and so on. The number corresponds to the neopets. Find the neopet that is not listed there and do the proccess backwards to find the number.

7. May 31, 2006 #6

Gokul43201

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

It's against forum rules to do that.

Honestly, I find it extremely bizarre that a math teacher will ask a question that tests zero math ability, but requires knowledge of some obscure things called neopets and the lightningbolt it takes to do the correct keypad conversion.

PS : Seeing as how at least one recent thread by you also involved a "neopets" riddle, I suspect this is yet another.

Please don't try to pass of these "neopets" riddles as genuine school math problems. People end up wasting their time on them when they could instead be helping folks with genuine learning hiccups.

If you did get this from your summer camp math teacher, ignore the above bit but be mindful of the forum guidelines. We can't help you unless you show some effort on your own part first.

Last edited: May 31, 2006
  8. Jul 17, 2006 #7
    i agree google is your friend highlighted in number 2 under spoiler

9. Jul 17, 2006 #8
    P.S. whoever knows neopets are gay

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?