Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Hi I want to know about quantization of electricity?

1. Apr 2, 2015 #1
    1.Is Quantization of electricity is helpful for increasing Voltage?
    2. Can I use galvanometer in capacitor to increase it's capacitance?

Thank u , I am new to this forum.I want to ameliorate my knowledge in electrical engineering.

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 2, 2015 #2

davenn

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Hi there Pranav
    welcome to PF :smile:

Q1 no
    Q2 also no a galvanometer .... https://www.google.com.au/?gws_rd=ssl#q=galvanometer+how+it+works

cheers
    Dave

4. Apr 2, 2015 #3
    1) What do you mean by quantization of electricity? The most relevant statement that I can make is that electric charge is quantized (i.e discrete). It has a value of approximately 1.6 E-19 C, and every baryon, electron, muon and tau particle (along with their antiparticles) possess this elementary value. Smaller charges (or more precisely, fractional charges) are present on the individual quarks and antiquarks which make up baryons and antibaryons, but we never observe them individually because of color confinement.
    2) In a capacitor? Can you please elaborate on the circuit arrangement that you have in mind?

5. Apr 3, 2015 #4
    Thank u for ur valuable information

6. Apr 3, 2015 #5
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook