1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

High School Course Choices

1. Mar 11, 2013 #1
    I'm a freshman in high school and I have to choose my classes for 10th grade very soon but I'm in somewhat of a predicament. I need to have one Art credit to graduate from high school and I have been in band since 5th grade so naturally I continued to do band into 9th grade. However, now that I have all of my art credits fulfilled should I continue to do band through my senior year or drop band for the rest of high school and use the time band took up to enroll in a number of different classes. I would like to go to an Ivy League school, MIT, Caltech, etc. and major in physics so I was wondering what do colleges look for when going through the application process: someone who has done more arts or someone who has done a number of different, random classes. Any input would be appreciated.

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 13, 2013 #2

eumyang

Homework Helper

I would ask your guidance counselor.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook