How Can Bio Ceramics Emit Far Infrared Rays for Aquatic Filtration?

• Thread starter yinyang
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Rays
In summary, the conversation is about someone seeking help in producing a ceramic that emits far infrared rays for use in biological filtration in the aquatic scene. They are looking for information on what types of ceramics and quantities are needed, as well as the mineral oxide contents. The person is disappointed that no one has responded with suggestions.
yinyang
Hi all, I need a little help here please? Please can somebody answer my question with regards to bio ceramics? I am looking for a way to produce a ceramic that will emitt far infra rays. It would be used in the aquatic scene for biological filtration in a form of trickle towers.But what I need to know is... what ceramics do I need and their quantities? And also the mineral oxide contents?

Thanks in advance...

Regards
Col I

Chemistry news on Phys.org
So can I assume no one out there has a clue to what I am on about? No suggestions?

Col :frown:

'm not an expert on bio ceramics or far infra rays, but I can offer some general information that might help. Bio ceramics are materials that are designed to interact with living organisms, usually in a beneficial way. They can be used in a variety of applications, including water filtration. Far infra rays, also known as far infrared radiation, are a type of electromagnetic radiation that is often used for therapeutic purposes due to its ability to penetrate deep into the body's tissues.

To produce a ceramic that emits far infra rays, you will need to use materials that have a high emissivity, or ability to emit radiation. Some common materials used in bio ceramic production include zirconia, alumina, and silica. These materials can be combined in different ratios to achieve the desired properties.

In terms of mineral oxide contents, it will depend on the specific materials you choose to use. Generally, zirconia has a high emissivity and can be used as the main component in the ceramic. Alumina and silica can also be added in smaller quantities to enhance the properties of the ceramic.

It's important to note that the production of bio ceramics can be a complex process and may require specialized equipment and expertise. I would recommend consulting with a materials engineer or a company that specializes in bio ceramic production for specific guidance on the quantities and mineral oxide contents needed for your project.

I hope this information helps and good luck with your project!

Related to How Can Bio Ceramics Emit Far Infrared Rays for Aquatic Filtration?

What are bio ceramics?

Bio ceramics are a type of ceramic material that is made from natural minerals and has unique properties that make it beneficial for use in medical and cosmetic applications. These materials are known for their ability to emit far infrared rays and negative ions, which have been found to have numerous health benefits.

How do bio ceramics emit far infrared rays?

The far infrared rays emitted by bio ceramics are a result of the unique crystal structure of these materials. When exposed to heat or light, the crystals vibrate and emit these beneficial rays, which can penetrate deep into the body and provide a range of health benefits.

What are the benefits of far infrared rays?

Far infrared rays have been found to improve blood circulation, boost the immune system, and reduce inflammation. They can also help with pain relief, detoxification, and relaxation. In addition, far infrared rays have been shown to have anti-aging and skin rejuvenation effects.

How are bio ceramics used in medicine?

Bio ceramics are used in a variety of medical applications, including wound healing, bone grafts, and joint replacements. They can also be used in medical devices such as infrared saunas, which use the far infrared rays emitted by bio ceramics to provide therapeutic benefits to the body.

Are there any risks associated with using bio ceramics?

Bio ceramics are generally considered safe for use in medical and cosmetic applications. However, as with any medical treatment, there is always a risk of adverse reactions or complications. It is important to consult with a healthcare professional before using any bio ceramic products, especially if you have any existing health conditions.