How can I connect sensors in a household without a laptop or large controller?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Marc Henry Saad
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Sensors
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 2K views
Marc Henry Saad
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Hello everyone,

I am a 4th year Mechanical Engineering student and recently completed a course called Instrumentation and Measurements. We used different sensors and actuators that we connected to a : myRio controller, breadboard, computer software (LabView). My question is, how can I connect sensors in a household for example. I usually make all the connections then run the program. But of course in a house I'm not going to keep wires all over the place connected to a myRio controller and a laptop always connected to run the program. How can I store the code and keep it continuously running without the need of a laptop and a relatively large controller (myRio is about 8 x 8 x 3 cm)

Please if anyone may help me with this.
thank you !
 
Engineering news on Phys.org
You should look into Arundino and Raspberry Pi platforms and the many sensors and actuators available to them.
 
By the way, Ardruino is called Genuino outside the USA.
https://www.arduino.cc/

There's also a LabVIEW interface for Arduino if you wish to keep using LabVIEW.
http://www.ni.com/gate/gb/GB_EVALTLKTLVARDIO/US