How can I convert force (N) to RPM for my plant uprooting device?

  • Level: Undergrad 
  • Thread starter Thread starter agriculture
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Convert Force Rpm
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 5K views
agriculture
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Hi,
I have a question hope you can help me with. I am working on measuring plant uprooting force by using a denamometer. I want to convert this force (10 N) to RPM to apply this on my uprooting device. Thanks!
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Your question is not clear. What is RPM, roots per minute? Revolutions per minute? Were you using a dynamometer to measure force? What sort of plant uprooting device do you have?
 
Thanks SteamKing for your reply. The RPM here is Revolutions Per Minute. I will use dynamometer to measure the uprooting force for plants. The pulling device is two rollers, rotate in direction to pull upwards. if you know the relationship that's will be perfect. Thanks!
 
There's no relationship as such. It will depend on your device. You'll have to rig up some sort of test where you vary RPM and measure the pull.