1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

How do I calculate DC motor speed for a given load?

1. Jan 11, 2013 #1
    A Wheel of a self balancing skateboard of radius 7 cm is rotating at 2600RPM with torque for motor is 1.76Nm,current is 10.4Amp and 24v and total load is 90kg (10kg for skateboard and 80kg for user). What is the speed of self balancing skateboard the in km/hr with load?

Last edited: Jan 11, 2013
  2. jcsd
  3. Jan 11, 2013 #2

HallsofIvy

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor

I'm not sure I understand this question. It appears to say that the "wheel" of the skate board has radius 7 cm and is rotating at 25600 RPM with that load. If it is the speed that is asked, most of what is given is irrelevant. Calculate the circumference of the wheel from [itex]2\pi r[/itex] and then multiply that by 25600 RPM to determine the distance moved (assuming no slipping) in one minute to get units of "cm/min". Then convert that to "km/hr".

(That's one heck of a fast skate board. You are not getting me on it!)

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook