How do I create multiple web pages?

In summary, to create multiple webpages on a website, you need to create separate html files for each page, give each page a different composite url, and link the pages together.
Math10
I heard that a website is made up of multiple web pages and I know how to make a web page in Notepad++ with the languages HTML and CSS but how do I create multiple web pages?

Technology news on Phys.org
Math10 said:
I heard that a website is made up of multiple web pages and I know how to make a web page in Notepad++ with the languages HTML and CSS but how do I create multiple web pages?
Create separate html files for each page (and you have to give them each a different composite urls to put them on a server just as you have to give them different file names to put them on your hard drive)

What are different composite urls? And what's a server?

Think of each webpage as a unique file document. The code is nothing but characters in a text file using a specific extension. So if you have 5 word documents, you can think of that as 5 different webpages. Link the documents together and you have a website.

Math10 said:
What are different composite urls? And what's a server?
Not sure WHAT I meant there but the word "composite" doesn't belong there. Sorry.

A server is the computer that SERVES up the web page. That is, it sends the HTML file to your computer's web browser.

Math10 said:
Here's a good place to start:
http://www.w3schools.com/website/default.asp [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator:
But how do I link all the webpages together so I can have a website?

Math10 said:
But how do I link all the webpages together so I can have a website?
You create links. You can, for example, create a "master" page that has links to all the other pages or you can create a hierarchy of pages using links.

For example, a small portion of my website is a glossary. The main page of the glossary points to about 20 pages and every one of those pages has many dozens of entries, all of them pointing to various of the 20 pages, so the "heirarchy" diagram would be very nasty indeed.

Oh, and the glossary is pointed to by my main page. Everything is done with links.

You REALLY need to read some simple intro to HTML. These brief question/answers are not really getting you anywhere.

phinds said:
You REALLY need to read some simple intro to HTML. These brief question/answers are not really getting you anywhere.
Plus 1 to that.

Math10, do as phinds suggests and if you have questions, come back and ask them. In the meantime, I'm closing this thread.

1. How do I create multiple web pages?

To create multiple web pages, you will need to use a coding language such as HTML, CSS, and JavaScript. These languages allow you to structure and design your web pages. You will also need a text editor to write your code and a web browser to view your pages.

2. Do I need to know how to code to create multiple web pages?

Yes, you will need to have a basic understanding of coding languages like HTML, CSS, and JavaScript to create multiple web pages. However, there are also website builders and content management systems that allow you to create web pages without coding knowledge.

3. How do I link multiple web pages together?

To link multiple web pages together, you will need to use the anchor tag in HTML. This tag allows you to create hyperlinks that connect one page to another. You will also need to specify the file path or URL of the page you want to link to.

4. Can I use the same design for all of my web pages?

Yes, you can use the same design for all of your web pages by creating a separate CSS file and linking it to each page. This will ensure that all of your pages have a consistent design and layout.

5. How do I make my web pages responsive?

To make your web pages responsive, you will need to use CSS media queries. These allow you to specify different styles for different screen sizes, making your pages adapt to different devices. You can also use frameworks like Bootstrap or Foundation to create responsive designs.