How do I salvage this situation?

• Thread starter Charles49
  • Start date
In summary, the speaker started taking post-baccalaureate courses in UPenn in January 2011, but had to discontinue them due to illness. The professors were understanding and put their grades on hold. However, the speaker does not want to complete these courses as they are not relevant to their desired career. They have also vacated their house in Philadelphia. The speaker is considering working for their father's business instead. The only reason they pursued the post-baccalaureate degree was because of their mother's wishes. The advice given is to not take the exams if the speaker does not want to.
Charles49
In Jan 2011, I started taking some courses in UPenn for a post-baccalaureate degree. However, I got sick and discontinued them. The professors were gracious and put my grades on hold. I really don't want to complete these courses because this degree is worthless for the career of my choice. I vacated my house in Philadelphia. They expect me to take those exams this fall in a few days.

What should I do? You know that the tuition in UPenn is enormous and this degree is absolutely useless. I am also thinking about working for my dad's business which is more inline with what I want to do. The only reason I even did this post-bac is because my mom wanted me to go into the health care field.

Physics news on Phys.org
If you don't want to do them, then don't... It seems you're better of not doing the exams.

Related to How do I salvage this situation?

1. How do I determine the best course of action to salvage this situation?

The first step is to analyze the situation and identify the root cause of the problem. This will help you come up with a strategic plan to address the issue. It is also important to consider all possible solutions and their potential outcomes before making a decision.

2. What should I do if the situation seems out of control?

If the situation appears to be getting worse, it is important to stay calm and avoid panicking. Take a step back and reassess the situation. Seek advice from colleagues or experts if necessary. It may also be helpful to break down the problem into smaller, more manageable tasks.

3. How can I communicate effectively to resolve the situation?

Effective communication is crucial in any situation. Be clear and direct when expressing your concerns and listen actively to the other parties involved. Use a calm and professional tone and avoid placing blame. Collaborate on finding a solution that is mutually beneficial.

4. What steps can I take to prevent similar situations in the future?

After the immediate issue has been resolved, reflect on the root cause and identify any potential areas for improvement. Consider implementing new protocols or procedures to prevent similar situations from occurring in the future. It may also be helpful to communicate lessons learned to your team to prevent similar mistakes.

5. Is it important to document the steps taken to salvage the situation?

Yes, it is crucial to document the steps taken to address the issue. This will serve as a record for future reference and can also help in identifying any recurring problems. It is also important to document any changes made to prevent similar situations from happening again.