How to Set Up a Signature for Your Profile

• Thread starter deezer
  • Start date
In summary, setting up a signature on Physics Forums requires being a gold member and following certain rules. Only certain members are allowed to use automatic signatures, while others are not allowed to use signatures at all. Images are not allowed for signatures, and there is an option to upload a custom image for your signature but it may not work for all members.
deezer
How do I set up my signature? I can't seem to find it!

Physics news on Phys.org
You need to be a gold member to use a signature
https://www.physicsforums.com/payments.php

Last edited:
What are the max dimensions of the signature?

From the rules (click the "Rules" link at the top of any page here):

The Rules said:
Certain categories of members (gold members, Mentors, etc.) may use automatic signatures that can be set via the member's control panel. These must be no longer than four lines, must not conflict with PF's rules for content, and must not link to sites that conflict with those rules. Other members must not use signatures, including manually-appended ones.

Can you put a picture?

In the "Edit Signature" section of the control panel, which you can't see yet, there is an option to link to or upload a custom image for your signature. It states:

Conrol Panel said:
The maximum size of your custom image is 500 by 100 pixels or 19.5 KB (whichever is smaller).

Greg Bernhardt said:
no, images are not allowed for signatures

I see the option in my control panel. Is that available only to Mentors etc. and not to normal paid members?

jtbell said:
I see the option in my control panel. Is that available only to Mentors etc. and not to normal paid members?

I don't know why it says that, the image bbcode won't work.

jtbell said:

Greg Bernhardt said:
I don't know why it says that, the image bbcode won't work.

I just tried to set my sig as an image but it says "unable to save". Bit of a redundant feature it seems.

1. How do I add a signature to my email?

To add a signature to your email, you will need to go into your email settings. Look for an option that says "Signature" or "Email Signature." From there, you can type in or copy and paste your desired signature. Don't forget to save your changes before exiting the settings.

2. Can I have multiple signatures for different email accounts?

Yes, most email providers allow you to have multiple signatures for different email accounts. You will need to go into the settings for each account and set up a unique signature for each one.

3. How do I format my signature?

The formatting for your signature will depend on your personal preference and the capabilities of your email provider. Generally, you can use basic formatting options such as font style, size, and color. Some providers also allow for images and links to be added to your signature.

4. Can I add a logo or image to my signature?

Yes, if your email provider allows for it, you can add a logo or image to your signature. Keep in mind that some email clients may not display images by default, so it's important to use alternative text and make sure your signature still looks good without the image.

5. How do I make my signature appear at the bottom of every email?

To make your signature appear at the bottom of every email, you will need to make sure the signature is enabled in your email settings. Most providers also allow you to choose if you want your signature to appear on new emails, replies, or both.