How do I solve 31 = (47.872 L θ +90˚)

• Thread starter ramox3
  • Start date
In summary, to solve this equation for the variable θ, you need to isolate θ on one side of the equal sign by using the inverse operation of the operation that is being done to θ. The L in the equation represents a constant and the θ represents an angle measurement. This equation can be solved without a calculator, but a calculator can be helpful for performing the necessary calculations.
ramox3
How do I solve for theta:

31 = (47.872 L θ +90˚)

Physics news on Phys.org
Subtract 90˚ and divide by the coefficient 47.872 L?

1. How do I solve this equation?

To solve this equation, you need to isolate the variable (θ) on one side of the equal sign. Begin by subtracting 90˚ from both sides to get 31 - 90˚ = 47.872 L θ. Then, divide both sides by 47.872 L to get θ = (31 - 90˚)/47.872 L.

2. What does the L represent in this equation?

The L in this equation represents a constant, which is a number that does not change. It is used to help solve for the variable θ.

3. Why is there a θ in this equation?

The θ in this equation represents an angle measurement. It is the variable that we are trying to solve for in order to find the value of the angle.

4. How do I know which operation to use to solve this equation?

To solve this equation, you need to use the inverse operation of the operation that is being done to the variable θ. In this case, θ is being multiplied by 47.872 L, so the inverse operation is division.

5. Can this equation be solved without a calculator?

Yes, this equation can be solved without a calculator if you are comfortable with basic algebraic operations. However, a calculator can be helpful for performing the necessary calculations.