How do I visualise the equations from observation of a spinning wheel

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
5 replies · 2K views
shivaniits
Messages
38
Reaction score
0
ImageUploadedByPhysics Forums1397596257.642907.jpg

From this figure we could see the axis of rotation of wheel is y-axis and it's translational motion is along x-axis
How would I describe it's horizontal motion in terms of rotational motion
The wheel is spinning and also moving horizontally along x-axis
w being the angular frequency
 
Physics news on Phys.org
How would I describe it's horizontal motion in terms of rotational motion
You wouldn't - they are different things.
 
I meant to say How do we describe the equations of motion of such spinning wheel
Thanks
 
The usual way is to write one equation for the motion of the center of mass and another equation for the rotation around the center of mass.
 
Alright I will try those and post them for verification
Thanks :)