How Is the Red Part of Stratton's Equation Derived from Light Pressure?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
5 replies · 2K views
mertcan
Messages
343
Reaction score
6
upload_2017-3-6_11-51-8.png
Hi everyone, initially I would like to put into words that this equation in my attachment is provided by Julius Adams Stratton but he do not derive the equation. The only part I do not understand and can not derive is the "RED" part. He just says it results from light pressure. So, I would like to ask : How can we reach this formula painted with RED? How do we derive this part ?
 
Attachments
  • upload_2017-3-6_11-49-48.png
    upload_2017-3-6_11-49-48.png
    19.3 KB · Views: 519
Physics news on Phys.org
DrClaude said:
What is reference 19?
Additionally, I have the book but nothing is derived...So, Any idea related to how to derive the "RED" part?
 
mertcan said:
@DrClaude Could you express something about my question after I shared the reference?
I dinät have access to that book right now, so I can't help for the moment. Maybe someone else will chime in in the mean time.