How to Calculate Resistance Values for a Phototransistor Circuit?

  • Thread starter Thread starter yaasir
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Circuit
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 1K views
yaasir
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
I need help to calculate the resistance values for the attached circuit diagram. I have also attached the data sheets. Can you help me.
 
Attachments
  • 150214-1656.jpg
    150214-1656.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 477
  • 58-0325.pdf
    58-0325.pdf
    205.4 KB · Views: 244
  • 58-0320.pdf
    58-0320.pdf
    264.4 KB · Views: 280
  • 58-0325.pdf
    58-0325.pdf
    205.4 KB · Views: 302
Engineering news on Phys.org
hi there yaasir
welcome to PF :)

for the IR LED (or any LED for that matter), choose a resistor that will limit the current (I) to a chosen value at an assumed Vf. And we have both of these.

R = (V - Vf) / I

R = the resistor
V = The supply voltage
Vf = the LED voltage drop
I = the LED current

Vf and I can be obtained from the datasheet you posted

see how you go :)

Dave