Circuit equivalent for fitting my data

In summary, the conversation discussed experiments with impedance spectroscopy and the difficulty in finding an equivalent circuit that fits the data. The equivalent circuit was found to be similar to the data, but there was an issue with the resistance dropping at low frequencies. The question was posed of what circuit element or action could be taken to address this issue, with the suggestion of a component whose reactance decreases as frequency decreases. The dip in Z'' indicated the presence of a resonant circuit.
MarkTheQuark
TL;DR Summary
Impedancy Spectroscopy
I did a few experiments recently of impedance spectroscopy, and I've gathered some data that i'm having some issues to find an equivalent circuit that can fit the data.

The equivalent circuit that I've got, it's pretty similar with the data (graph and circuit below)

But the problem is, at low frequencies, my data values drop, while the fit from the circuit keeps going up.

Z' represents the real part from the impedance, so basically I need to my equivalent circuit to drop the resistance at low frequencies.

What circuit element, or what I could do, so that I could find an equivalent circuit to my data?

Attachments

• circuito equivalente.png
    circuito equivalente.png
    5.2 KB · Views: 61
  • GRAFICO.png
    GRAFICO.png
    4.5 KB · Views: 74
Engineering news on Phys.org
Can you think of a component whose reactance (impedance) goes down as the frequency goes down?

The dip in Z'' suggests there is a resonant circuit somewhere.

What is a circuit equivalent?

A circuit equivalent is a simplified representation of a complex circuit that behaves in the same way as the original circuit. It contains the same components and has the same input-output relationship as the original circuit.

Why is it important to find a circuit equivalent for my data?

Finding a circuit equivalent for your data allows you to understand the underlying electrical behavior of your system and make predictions about its performance. It also helps in troubleshooting and designing more efficient circuits.

How do I determine the circuit equivalent for my data?

The process of determining a circuit equivalent involves analyzing the input-output relationship of your data and identifying the components and their connections that best fit the data. This can be done using various techniques such as curve fitting or system identification.

What are the benefits of using a circuit equivalent?

Using a circuit equivalent allows for easier analysis and understanding of complex circuits. It also enables you to make predictions about the behavior of your system under different conditions and can aid in designing more efficient and reliable circuits.

Can a circuit equivalent accurately represent all types of circuits?

No, a circuit equivalent may not be able to accurately represent all types of circuits. It is best suited for linear circuits with well-defined input-output relationships. Nonlinear or chaotic circuits may require more complex models for accurate representation.