How to calculate the interference voltage?

In summary, the conversation is about determining the interference voltage in a circuit. The speaker is unsure of where the interference voltage is applied and how to determine it, but believes it is related to the equivalent circuit shown. They ask for help and are provided with a solution involving a voltage divider problem and complex calculations.
Rambo7
Homework Statement
"The strip conductor LB that is common to both circuits has an inductance of 100mH. The resistance of the common trace portion is negligibly small. The amplitude of u2 is 10V and f=1MHz. Due to the galvanic coupling via the trace component LB, there is an interference voltage at the measuring amplifier. Determine the interference voltage."
Relevant Equations
voltage divider
Hello everyone,

I have this circuit and I need to determine the interference voltage.
1676732809984.png

I am not sure, where the interference voltage is applied and how to determine it. I think the interference voltage is uv nad my equivalent circuit looks like this:

1676732925957.png

Am I in heading into the right direction? Do I need to consider R2 as well? I would be very thankful if you help me solving this.

Physics news on Phys.org
This is a voltage divider problem. The impedances for the U2 circuit are 1 kOhm + 100 mHenry. The 100 mH is in common with the U1 circuit. Hence, the interference voltage Ui = U2 * (j w .1) / (1000 + j w 0.1). w in this case is 2 * pi * 1e6 Hz. Note the Ui you will get from this is a complex value, from which you will want to compute its magnitude.

1. What is interference voltage?

Interference voltage, also known as noise voltage, is the unwanted electrical signal that can disrupt or distort the desired signal in a circuit. It is caused by external sources such as electromagnetic interference (EMI) or radio frequency interference (RFI).

2. How do I calculate interference voltage?

The interference voltage can be calculated using the formula V = IR, where V is the voltage, I is the current, and R is the resistance. However, this formula only applies to simple circuits. For more complex circuits, you may need to use more advanced equations or simulation software.

3. What are some common sources of interference voltage?

Some common sources of interference voltage include power lines, electronic devices, motors, and power supplies. Other sources can include lightning, radio waves, and other electrical equipment.

4. How can I reduce interference voltage?

There are several ways to reduce interference voltage, including using shielded cables, adding filters or capacitors to the circuit, and grounding the circuit properly. Additionally, minimizing the distance between components and using high-quality components can also help reduce interference voltage.

5. Can interference voltage be completely eliminated?

No, it is not possible to completely eliminate interference voltage. However, it can be reduced to a level that does not significantly affect the performance of the circuit. This can be achieved through proper circuit design and implementation of noise reduction techniques.