How to choose an amplifier to couple the noise into data line

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 2K views
Nikhil N
Messages
80
Reaction score
2
Hii...

I have to couple the noise into a communication cable for analyzing the performance of the communication. I am using a function generator which will generate a white noise of 1-2V(rms) and I have a current transformer to couple this to the communication line. The current transformer has a 12ohm. I am getting only this 1-2v only coupled to the line. So I need to chose a amplifier where I should atleast couple 20V to the cable. I was using 30W amplifier which gave me ~15V. Can I use a 100W power amplifier to achieve this? Please tell what are the parameters should I taken care to choose the right amplifier.
 
Engineering news on Phys.org
davenn said:
We really need the OP @Nikhil N to come back and clarify what he is talking about so that we all don't have to make wild guesses
Nikhil N. If you cannot finish an old thread then you don't need to start a new thread.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: berkeman
Baluncore said:
Nikhil N. If you cannot finish an old thread then you don't need to start a new thread.
Agreed. @Nikhil N -- please keep the discussion in your existing thread(s).

And it would be good if you replied to my comments (in one of your threads) about the industry standard EN 61000-4-6 Common Mode Noise test for data cables. There is no need to "reinvent the wheel" for this test.