Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

How to find the concentration of CO2 in 1M NAOH solution?

1. Aug 21, 2013 #1
    I done the absorption experiment i.e absorption of CO2 from air using 1M NaOH .Can anyone please tell how to analyse the Liquid sample after absorption.

I found the concentration of NaOH after and before the experiment,difference in Concentration gives the concentration of CO2.is it the reight approach.
    Any suggestion is appreciated..

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 21, 2013 #2

Borek

Staff: Mentor

How?

This is not a wrong approach, it is just a tricky problem. Compare Warder titration.

4. Aug 21, 2013 #3
    Thank you for replying..

I directly titrate the NaOH solution at inlet and also liquid solution from the column( outlet solution )against the HCl to find the concentration.My doubt is that when I tirate NaOH solution of the outlet ( contains Na2CO3 + unreacted NaOH) against HCl ,Na2cO3 reacts with Hcl to form NaOH again and CO2 will bubble out.So after doing the titration I am getting almost the same concentration(no significant difference)in both the solution.

5. Aug 21, 2013 #4

Borek

Staff: Mentor

Have you read the linked page? It is likely a matter of choosing correct indicator.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted