How to find the concentration of CO2 in 1M NAOH solution?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Pollyannaism
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Co2 Concentration
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 6K views
Pollyannaism
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
I done the absorption experiment i.e absorption of CO2 from air using 1M NaOH .Can anyone please tell how to analyse the Liquid sample after absorption.

I found the concentration of NaOH after and before the experiment,difference in Concentration gives the concentration of CO2.is it the reight approach.
Any suggestion is appreciated..
 
Chemistry news on Phys.org
Pollyannaism said:
I found the concentration of NaOH after

How?

This is not a wrong approach, it is just a tricky problem. Compare Warder titration.
 
Thank you for replying..

I directly titrate the NaOH solution at inlet and also liquid solution from the column( outlet solution )against the HCl to find the concentration.My doubt is that when I tirate NaOH solution of the outlet ( contains Na2CO3 + unreacted NaOH) against HCl ,Na2cO3 reacts with Hcl to form NaOH again and CO2 will bubble out.So after doing the titration I am getting almost the same concentration(no significant difference)in both the solution.
 
Have you read the linked page? It is likely a matter of choosing correct indicator.