How to find the H index of an author using Google Scholar?

  • Level: Undergrad 
  • Thread starter Thread starter windy miller
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Google Index
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
4 replies · 11K views
windy miller
Messages
306
Reaction score
28
TL;DR
How do I look up H index?
Hi. I want to look up the H index of a few authors I am interested in using google scholar or some other site that i don't need to pay for access. But can't see how to do it. Can anyone help?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
I don't if it can be done directly in Google Scholar, as it doesn't seem to allow to sort the results of the search. I think you'll have to copy the citation numbers and sort them yourself.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: windy miller
Google scholar seems to automatically calculate this and show it on the right sidebar of the scientist's page. For example:
243203

https://scholar.google.com/citations?user=qj74uXkAAAAJ&hl=en
Of course this assumes that the scientist has a Google Scholar page and that the page is accurate. No idea if there are any other good free sources if the author is not listed on Google Scholar.
 
Ygggdrasil said:
Google scholar seems to automatically calculate this and show it on the right sidebar of the scientist's page.
If I understood correctly, for this to work the author must have created a personal profile and made that profile public.