How to find the Vout in terms of Vin for this circuit?

In summary, the problem involves finding Vout in terms of Vin with a Vs value of 5sin(10t)mV and assuming an ideal op-amp. The equations used are V=IR and Nodal Analysis. After calculating V(pi) and the current source value, the current flow in the circuit is uncertain. However, it can be simplified by turning the controlled current source and 3.3k resistor into a voltage source using Thevenin's theorem.
w31ha-

Homework Statement

Finding Vout in terms of Vin
Vs=5sin(10t)mV
Assuming an ideal op-amp

Homework Equations

V=IR
Nodal Analysis

The Attempt at a Solution

I am able to caluclate V(pi) and therefore,the value of the current source. However, I am not sure how the current flows after that. Shouldn't the current from the current source get trapped in the first loop since the nodes at the upper right and to the bottom of the current source are at zero potential and therefore,Vout will always be 0?

Is there any current flow from the node below the current source to the ground to the left?

Attachments

• ScreenHunter_30 Apr. 22 10.28.jpg
    ScreenHunter_30 Apr. 22 10.28.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 512
Physics news on Phys.org
All the ground symbols are effectively the same node, so imagine the circuit drawn this way:

Fig1.gif

Does that help you?

Another hint: Think about turning the controlled current source and 3.3k resistor into a voltage source (Thevenin).

It becomes a lot easier after the source transformation. Thanks!

Question 1: What is the equation for finding Vout in terms of Vin for this circuit?

The equation for finding Vout in terms of Vin for this circuit is Vout = Vin * (R2 / (R1 + R2)), where R1 and R2 are the resistances of the input and output resistors, respectively.

Question 2: What is the significance of the input and output resistors in this circuit?

The input resistor, R1, limits the amount of current flowing into the circuit, while the output resistor, R2, determines the amount of voltage that will be outputted. Together, they determine the voltage gain of the circuit.

Question 3: How does the voltage gain of this circuit change with different values of R1 and R2?

The voltage gain of this circuit is directly proportional to the ratio of R2 to R1. This means that increasing R2 or decreasing R1 will result in a higher voltage gain and vice versa.

Question 4: Can I use this equation to find Vout for any circuit?

No, this equation is specific to circuits with an input resistor and an output resistor in series. Other types of circuits, such as those with capacitors or inductors, will have different equations for finding Vout in terms of Vin.

Question 5: How can I verify the accuracy of my calculated Vout using this equation?

You can verify the accuracy of your calculated Vout by measuring the actual output voltage of the circuit using a voltmeter. If the measured value is close to your calculated value, then your calculation is likely accurate.