How to get C0 of a piezoelectric material.

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 2K views
5carola5
Messages
22
Reaction score
1
I'm trying to get a value of the C0 capacitor of some piezoelectric material I'm working with right now. My only problem is: I don't get electronics at all ^^'.
So far I have asked some other people who do get it, but there were going way to fast and are really busy...So I was hoping you could maybe help me.

So far I'm having the circuit that is supposed to be the piezoelectric (I don't know what to do with it though, but I do know it out of my head by now) its like this (sorry for my bad drawing skills):

__L__R__C1__
| |
|_____C0_____|

Than I also already have some kind of setup to measure some values. Here is it:

[PLAIN]http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/2287/ciruittomeasurec0.jpg

But now my problem is. How do I get C0 from this? I really have no idea :blushing:

thanks in advance ^^
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Engineering news on Phys.org
These 2 app notes should help -
http://www.euroquartz.co.uk/Portals/0/pdf/tech-notes.pdf
http://www.eetasia.com/ARTICLES/2001SEP/2001SEP06_AMD_AN.PDF?SOURCES=DOWNLOAD
 
Last edited by a moderator:
thanks a lot:) I might be able to use them in the future, but for now we are going to a bit in an other direction...So I probably don't need to measure C0 any more ^^'