Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

How to get rid of the tool bar in Firefox?

1. Oct 20, 2012 #1
    I downloaded and installed a pdf converter, but it added the WS, Daily Deals.........on the top of the page. I want to know how can I uninstall those program. I prefer not just disable it, but uninstall all the add on.

Thanks

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 20, 2012 #2

mathman

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Click on View. Then click on Toolbars. Uncheck the ones you don't want.

4. Oct 20, 2012 #3
    Thanks. Anyway to uninstall them?

5. Oct 20, 2012 #4

Borg

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Try the Tools -> Add-ons menu.

6. Oct 20, 2012 #5
    Thanks

Alan

7. Oct 20, 2012 #6

Borg

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Some toolbars can also install themselves in the OS and may have to be removed from Windows.

8. Oct 21, 2012 #7
    To hide/customize your toolbars in firefox navigate to View>Toolbars>Customize
    This allows you to pull anything off the screen you see into the toolbars popup window to remove the toolbar/icon from view.

Alternatively you can move toolbars or add buttons ect.

Also if you want to ever run firefox without addons or toolbars ect hold down Shift when opening firefox, this will enable safemode disabling everything known to firefox.

Also the addon's manager can be used to permanently remove addons, extentions, plugins and appearance tabs to find the annoying toolbar.

Also in the view/toolbars tab you can hide/show the menu bar, this allows for freeing up some viewing area or allow you to stop using the top left firefox button or pushing Alt to show the menu.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook