How to get rid of the tool bar in Firefox?

• Thread starter yungman
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Firefox
In summary, to uninstall the WS, Daily Deals and other unwanted toolbars in Firefox, click on View and then Toolbars, and uncheck the ones you want to remove. Alternatively, you can use the Tools->Add-ons menu to permanently remove them. You can also customize your toolbars by navigating to View->Toolbars->Customize, and by holding down Shift while opening Firefox to run in safe mode without any addons or toolbars. The addon's manager can also be used to remove unwanted addons, extentions, plugins, and appearance tabs. Additionally, you can hide or show the menu bar by going to View->Toolbars and clicking on the desired option.
yungman
I downloaded and installed a pdf converter, but it added the WS, Daily Deals...on the top of the page. I want to know how can I uninstall those program. I prefer not just disable it, but uninstall all the add on.

Thanks

Computer science news on Phys.org
Click on View. Then click on Toolbars. Uncheck the ones you don't want.

Thanks. Anyway to uninstall them?

Try the Tools -> Add-ons menu.

Borg said:
Try the Tools -> Add-ons menu.

Thanks

Alan

Some toolbars can also install themselves in the OS and may have to be removed from Windows.

To hide/customize your toolbars in firefox navigate to View>Toolbars>Customize
This allows you to pull anything off the screen you see into the toolbars popup window to remove the toolbar/icon from view.

Alternatively you can move toolbars or add buttons ect.

Also if you want to ever run firefox without addons or toolbars ect hold down Shift when opening firefox, this will enable safemode disabling everything known to firefox.

Also the addon's manager can be used to permanently remove addons, extentions, plugins and appearance tabs to find the annoying toolbar.

Also in the view/toolbars tab you can hide/show the menu bar, this allows for freeing up some viewing area or allow you to stop using the top left firefox button or pushing Alt to show the menu.

1. How do I remove the tool bar in Firefox?

To remove the tool bar in Firefox, you can right-click on the toolbar and uncheck the "Toolbars" option. This will hide the toolbar from your browser.

2. Can I permanently get rid of the tool bar in Firefox?

Yes, you can permanently remove the tool bar in Firefox by going to the "View" menu and selecting "Toolbars". From there, you can uncheck the toolbar you want to remove and it will no longer appear in your browser.

3. Is there a way to customize which toolbars appear in Firefox?

Yes, you can customize which toolbars appear in Firefox by going to the "View" menu and selecting "Toolbars". From there, you can check or uncheck the toolbars you want to appear in your browser.

4. What if I accidentally remove the wrong toolbar in Firefox?

If you accidentally remove the wrong toolbar in Firefox, you can easily restore it by going to the "View" menu and selecting "Toolbars". From there, check the toolbar you want to restore and it will appear in your browser again.

5. Can I remove the tool bar from a specific webpage in Firefox?

Unfortunately, it is not possible to remove the tool bar from a specific webpage in Firefox. The toolbar settings apply to the entire browser and cannot be customized for individual webpages.